Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Roc Boys Are In the Building

Roc-A-Fella, Y'all!


So, the Roc Boys are officially in the building. Of course I wasn’t around, but I had aconversation with some people that were. And they informed me that “The Roc Boys” video is 100% finished and will premiere somewhere next week. Here is what I heard happens in the video. First, it is a big star-studded party in the 40/40 Club! There was MAD guest appearances like Nas, Diddy, Mariah, Rick Ross, Beanie, Freeway, Just Blaze, Bleek, Clue, Zab Judah, Cassie and many more people. Now, I heard it looks like so much fun, a lot of us are going to be hating.


Second, there is a subplot under all the fun and pageantry. The video offers Jay-Z as a younger man, which I THINK is played by his real-life nephew. I was told that the person in the vid looks a lot like Jay. The young Jay is accompanied by two other hustlers that are in the projects doing what hustlers do. So, there is that subplot.


I heard the video plays out like a real movie. In the “movie” this is where the drug dealer is at the height of his success. Jay-Z is the big boss in the vid and the younger Jay and his story is a subplot. The end of the video is just that…the beginning of the end, from what I heard. (I just made it sound really poetic.)

No comments: